Monday, October 22, 2007

Le Week-end

Well this weekend must have been roomate bonding time because now that I look back on it, I spent everyday with Liz! Friday in the morning I went to the gym then the rest of the day Liz and I went shopping. I came home and then used my internet to catch up on a lot of stuff. Went to bed at 12:30.

Saturday the intermediate students at school(like liz), plus some stragglers as myself, went to the town of Meaux (pronounced Mo) to this Artistique National des Metier de Bouche faire. It was a big faire around town, but a big section was devoted to pastry and food. One of our teachers was doing a sugar demo so thats why we all went. We had a nice day walking around, only the school didn't warn us that it was outside, so we were a bit cold! We got home and went grocery shopping for sunday nite's dinner and then came home and we watched Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares...my new favorite show...check it out!! I eventually went to bed at 12:30.

Sunday was the Salon du Chocolat! Liz and I walked there are 10 and a TON of people from school were there. Being a part of school we got to go to the professional one and not the one open to the public. We got to watch the World Chocolate competition (which is prolly on your food network as I type!) And we also paid to go to the general public on which was JAM PACKED! However, I made TONS of good contacts and i actually got to see one of my teachers from chicago pastry school!!!! It was SOOO strange! I loved it though. He was one of the judges! Anyway, it was an amazing day! We spent from almost 11 to 6 pm just watching competetors and eating free chocolate...what could be better?!?! Then we walked home and I picked up last minute groceries. I came home, cooked and Alex came over and the three of us had a nice meal. At 10:30 I went to bed!

GREAT weekend. BUT next weekend in Disney is going to blow the roof off of this one :)

No comments: