Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Casey and Dink Day 4

Well...I didn't have class til 12:30 today. So i woke up at 8 and got dressed and went to Lenotre to pick up my two favorite Paris Pastries for Casey and Andrew. The Opera and a Millefeuille. I felt they needed to try it! I met them at the Dupont Cafe for breakfast at 10 am. We ate and then we ran errands. By this I mean we ran all over trying to get them a working phone...and I spoke french pretty much the whole time :) They dropped me off at school at 12ish and they went to the Catacombs. At 12:30 I had a cuisine demo. We learned Lobster salad with melon in a citrus vinaigrette, Chicken stuffed with langoustines in a curry sauce, and for dessert an apple compote with pineapple sorbet and lemon grass syrup. All lacking flavor but not horrible. One of our chefs came back from vacation, so that was quite a surprise! Anyway, I got home at 3:45 and Casey and Dink met me at my doorstep. We went upstairs and I told them not to spend money at the hotel again because they weren't planning on staying the extra day as it was. So, I told them to stay with me! So we left shortly after to go back to the hotel to pick up their luggage and on the way we FINALLY found a phone place that unlocked their phone! So YAH!!!! We also got a baguette because they hadn't had a good one yet. Then we came back and freshened up and left again to meet Sarah for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Beurre Noisette. It was supposed to be good. It wasn't bad by all means. And my meal was great. But as usual...we complained ;) The wine was bad, and Sarah WAY over paid for her vegetarian meal...but oh well. We finally got home at 12ish and I was exhausted. I helped them book their trip to Brussels online. I went to sleep on the couch (cause i am a nice friend) at around 1:15ish...and all i could hear was screaming outside my window :) pleasant!

No comments: