Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bye Bye Casey and Dink

Today was TOO long of a day! Not only did I sleep on a couch, but I had about 5 hrs of sleep because i had to wake up to shower this morning. I didn't get into my room because I didn't want to disturb my friends. So I had class at 8:30 while they slept and eventually went to the eiffle tower again to actually go up it! At 8:30 we made the Chicken stuffed with langoustines. We had the same chef we did two days ago and I PROMISED him that there would be "no chame" today! I worked my butt off to make my dish good. When I presented it to him he told me it looked beautiful. He said my sauce was a little too sweet...but then he said that's how the recipe was, so it was ok. He said my cook was good, and overall I did good and much better than last time :) I was very happy.

We got done at 10:45ish and I went to the Daily Monop and the bakery to buy some last minute goodies for Casey and Andrew for their trip. I also went to the computer room to print off their train tickets to Brussels. At 11:45 they showed up and I walked them to the metro and also let them eat what I made this morning! heehee. We said our goodbyes and I thanked them SOOO much for coming. If you read this...i had an AMAZING time and it was my PLEASURE to show you around ;) (VERY sad that they left) At 12:30 I had a CD. We finished up the foie gras terrine and then learned Stuffed Guinea Fowl with TONS of veggies (most of them turned), and for dessert (OMG AMAZING) a banana fondant with chocolate sauce and kiwi sorbet. YUMMERS! All of the food was pretty great today! Oh....and we got midterm grades! Can u believe it! Already?!?!? CRAZY! I am very pleased with myself. And may I add...my plating is my highest grade :) At 3:30 we made the caramel chocolates. It was a lot of fun and hardwork. Chef said my chocolate was great. He said I did a very good job today and he was impressed. He also liked the 4 of us and our organization. Well duh! He's been on vacation so he hasn't seen it yet! Anyway, it took a long time...but it was worth it. The more you temper chocolate the easier it gets i think! But mine was tempered he said!


Then during my hr break I ate some food and called my mom and talked to a Pastry Chef about some things. At 7 we had wine class which focused on Brandies and Eau de vins. Strong stuff! I came home...and blogged...and am gonna pass out ANY second :)

No comments: