Sunday, July 15, 2007

Casey and Dink Day 2

Because I had such horrible tan lines yesterday I decided to wear a dress today with tank top straps! Didn't help...I came home with zebra stripes! I got so much color today. I'd post the pictures...but they are a bit provocative and I'd rather not post them :) Anyway...I woke up at 8 and got dressed and then went to the bakery to pick up breakfast. I met them at the metro at 9:30 with breakfast in hand. I had them try a croissant, brioche, pain aux raisin, apple turnover, and a palmier. All very good! First on todays tour was the Picasso museum in Le Marais! It was a great museum! He is brilliant and I've decided I want to paint just like him :) Then we left at 11ish and I took them to L'as Du Falafel! YUMMY! We ate some delicious falafel and stuffed our faces. It was Casey's first falafel experience and a very good one at that! After that I read in a Paris book I have to go to Place de Vosges which is the oldest square in Paris and it is perfectly symmetrical. It was a beautiful square (with a hot guy reading a book! Dink laughed at me!) At the end of the square was Victor Hugo's house so we went in (the guy who wrote Les Mis and Hunchback of Notre Dame!) It was really pretty. Then we walked toward the Louvre with a pitstop at Amarino for some ice cream :) We also made some stops into some stores and Casey bought a cute dress and great shoes at AMAZING prices! Thank God for european sales:) We decided not to go to the Louvre but just to walk through the Jardin des Tuileries which was beauty in itself! After that we took the metro to the Rodin Museum. We actually missed the museum itself because we sat down for a LONG chat in the Rodin Gardens which were just goregous! We were planning on going to the museum, but sadly I started a discussion that was heavy and needed an ending! But it was a good one nonetheless! And we had a great afternoon! At 6ish we came back home and ate the rest of our cheese and baguette with wine. Then we looked up some travel info for them and at 9:30ish they left to have a romantic evening at the Eiffel Tower and I am about to go to bed. I have 8:30 school tomorrow! Enjoy the pictures (sans the tan line ones!!!)

No comments: