Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 26, 2007

What started off as a nice day, and ended as a nice day, had a rough middle. But that's ok. We all get through those times! I woke up at 9 and went to the gym. They had towels today so I was all good :) Came home and made breakfast, did some things around the house, and then had a little breakdown and called my mother. It lasted a good while...but I eventually left my house to get out of there. I sat at school for a while doing nothing til my class started at 3:30. We had a CD. We learned Shrimp with lemongrass and coconut milk, roasted cod, basil gazpacho (the french way) with vegetable and chorizo skewers, and a strawberry soup with yogurt ice cream. All three pretty tasty. I'm telling you...this chef is the master. He can make anything taste good! Well...we finished that demo at 5:30! Kaili and Katie decided to go home. And that was my thought in demo as well. BUT since they were going home i knew I had a lot of space in the class room, so i decided to go. So melissa and i took up all the counter space. At 6:30 we had the CP and we whipped it out. I was FINISHED plating by 7:50...and i was the first one ;) It was nice. We had a new chef...who isn't just a visiting chef. He is new and is going to continue working there. Anyway, very nice and spoke english the whole time! Well...he tried my gazpacho and we both agreed it had too much sugar in it. So he started to make me a whole new one. I told him not to, because just by him telling me what i did wrong i learned and by him making me a new one I wasn't going to learn it. So I continued to work and we came up with a solution to tweak it. We added more tomatoes and bread crumbs. Then blended it again and it was MUCH better. Anyway...everything on my plate was good EXCEPT for my aubergine...BUT...the chef in demo had left over aubergine...so most people in our class used his so we didnt have to make any more/new stuff. So he said it had too much garlic in it. hahah. I told him to blame chef ;) Anyway, I was glad i went in the end.

Then after class I went to the grocery store which I was supposed to do during my breakdown pd. Then I came home and ate some dinner. I'm about to get my life together for classes tomorrow and then go to bed.

No comments: