Tuesday, June 26, 2007

June 25, 2007

What a LONG day! But a good one! So today had fun filled stories :) After a week of waking up late I had to wake up early today. I actually woke up at 4 am after having a HORRIBLE nightmare. So from 4 am -6:45 am i wasn't sleeping because I was paranoid. But i dragged myself out of bed at 6:45 and proceeded to get ready for school. At 8:30 I had CD. We learned GREAT food. A fresh and smoked salmon wrap with egg whites, leeks and a shallot vinaigrette, quail and veal sweetbread with shitake mushrooms wrapped in a puff pastry, and for dessert, licorice panna cotta with caramel! DELICIOUS! We finished pretty early so I sat in the winter garden and went over my notes to prepare for class. AT 12:30 we made the quail dish. I went in and knocked that dish out! I was done asap. If it wasn't for having to put it into the oven, I would have been finished REALLY early! But nonetheless...we all sat around waiting for a while. We still got out pretty early. Anyway, I felt good about it. Chef didn't say much. It was "bon travail" chef. So obviously I did good. Anyway i forgot to take a picture of it whole...so I got it half cut and then my presentation.


Ok...so my great gym story. So today was the first day back at my gym! I was so excited for many reasons! one...to work out, 2) to shower and c) we have all new machines and AIR CONDITIONING! The catch- the shower is communal. So i have to be nekked infron of all of the french woman...which seem to have the same bodies...it's weird! Anyway, whatever...no hot water at home...i was excited! So, i get there and they have no towels. They said they'd call everyone over the loud speaker. Ok...so mid workout, me not being able to understand french...someone says something over the speaker and i assume it's about the towels. I have 20 mins left on my machine so I finish and i go downstairs. NO TOWELS. Well i HAVE to shower...i am going to dinner! So...i get nekey and shower. Well i walked around for a little and then decided to go in the sauna to dry off. STUPID. I just started sweating. So i towel off a bit with my nasty dirty clothes. Well as i'm leaving...THEY HAVE TOWELS! ARGH! So annoying...but funny. Only happens to me! Anyway, I went home quickly to put on nice clothes and then went to the dr. I know, i know. But i had glass in my foot that needed to come out. But he couldn't find it. BUT luckily i went. We figured out why my feet have been hurting so badly! I have a fungus on my feet. Just what everyone wanted to know right?!?! ;) Anyway, atleast i went for some reason and not just to go! So then I met Trephene at Au Fil Des Saisons. Below is a slide show of our dinner. It was really good. We also drank a bottle of red wine. It was a great evening. The picture of Trephene is her with a Trupphine. (not sure on that spelling) But it was a chocolate candy that came with her coffee and i near lost it! It was so funny!

anyway...I got home at about 11:45 and went to bed at 12. It was a long but fun day!

No comments: