Wednesday, April 4, 2007

April 4, 2007

It was so nice today not having to be at class at 8:30!!!!!! However I did wake up at 8 and go to the gym (and listened to 2 french lessons)! Then Kaili came over and we had mid morning tea :) Then we left for school early and ran some errands! At 12:30 we had CD. We learned Squab (which is pigeon), Duck with potato gnocchi and then a riccota cheese filled roll with mandarines. The squab and duck were outstanding! I love game! It's a thrill to eat foods that are exotic and i don't get to eat daily! Then right after that we had PP. We made the Jamaica. Now I didn't explain it. Easy explaination...a chocolate joconde (biscuit sponge), coconut mousse, pineapple, and a mango passion fruit mousse...in other words...HEAVEN! So good. Then on top was a netural glaze with passion fruit. We had a new chef today...so he wasn't very fun. However...another chef came in while I wasn't looking and I came to my station and I saw a bowl sitting there and i was like what's this...so i removed it and under it was a live crawfish and i jumped and screamed and then started laughing cause I thought it was hilarious! I went to find that chef and i just laughed so hard! good joke! anyway...chef didn't say anything about the cake except I worked clean and well today. He said that all 4 of ours (me, kaili, katie and melissa's) decorations looked alike. Blah blah blah!

After school I went with my friends for a beer. Then I went kosher for passover shopping/produce shopping. Came home and made myself a nice salad and procrastinated for WAY too long. Then did some homework and eventually went to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
It's sounds like you are having so much fun in Paris you are very lucky to be there. I miss you so much and i hope to see you soon. You look so beautiful in your chef suit. Lol

-Elora

P.s if you ever want to talk i will offer you my email address it is fluffy1000@comcast.net You can talk to me whenever you want i would be more than happy to talk to you!!