Tuesday, April 3, 2007

April 2, 2007

So class today at 8:30 was a demo. We learned roasted lamb which you will read about in the next paragraph, monkfish salad, and a lame ass cake that isn't worth talking about! Overall a pretty bland day in demo...but I really like the lamb! Then we went for coffee as usual and I had a tea. Then at 12:30 we had CP and we made the Lamb chops with a herb and mustard crust and gratin dauphinois potatoes. I got done very quickly today. But my jus...HORRIBLE! however...when chef tried it...hahahaha...he said, oh very good. But if you would have tasted kaili's...you would have been amazed how good hers was! Mine was horrible and he still liked it. I think he has fake taste buds! Anyway, he said my lamb was cooked perfectly, and my endive was cooked perfectly, and everything had good seasoning including the crust. He said I worked very well today! Oh and my potatoes were good too!

At 3:30 I had PP and we made the passion fruit and raspberry tart. This was the last thing i could eat before passover began (happy passover!) so I was excited. It's so good! anyway...class was fine. Boring. Lots of waiting for things to cool and set. So i had fun with my passion fruit case. You can see in the pic! Nothing special happened in this class. But the tart came out beautiful. Chef said my decoration was very pretty except a little big for the tart. If the tart was bigger it would have been fine. Next time, just cut it down a little. I understand that. Chef liked it anyway cause he ate almost half of it! The other half i saved for Trephene and 1/4 of it i ate myself ;) It was amazing!

After school my roomate was going to the gym and so was I...SO we went together. We stopped at the natural store so i could pick up some vitamins and then to the gym! Then we came home and i made matzoh pizza! YUMMERS! I should be a chef ;) hahaha. Then I showered and then lauren came over to pick up her bag. Then I went to bed. Oh yah...i listened to 3 french lessons today! go me :)

No comments: