Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TRES BON!!!!!!

This is a blog not to be missed! Today was a great day. One because of the surprise that I didn't say in yesterday's blog that I made today and two because i celebrated an anniversary a day early today! I will start with what I made today, so this will be a two section blog :)

So today was RABBIT! YAH! if you tend to get sick from dead animals, I warn you now...DON'T WATCH MY SLIDE SHOW!!! But if not...continue on! When we watched this in demo yesterday I was a little hesitant, but after I tasted it (which I've eated rabbit before!) I knew I was in this for the long run! Chopping the head off was a bit much but it was thrilling. I not only ate the meat, but I also tried the liver, the kidneys, the brain and the heart! All very tasty...but the liver was the best of the four. Well, the entire dish was amazing! It was made with a mustard sauce. It was so much fun to actually be doing this! A little alarming at first with the blood and the eyes...but what excitement! We all survived :) And with great response! Chef said my potatoes were great (we had to peel them a certain way which was hard so I'm glad i did them right) and they were seasoned correctly. He said my insides were cooked correctly, as well as my rabbit. He said my presentation was beautiful and my meat tasted good...however once again, more salt for the sauce...but he was nice about it and said that he was being specific to himself. So, to each his own! But overall it was a GREAT day in cooking.

Then I had a huge break (which i will talk about in the second part of my blog) and then I had a CD. We learned fish...Hake and Sole. Both SOOOO tasty. I love fish. I am branching out and eating more types which is even better. I know a lot of people who say they don't like fish...but i guarantee if you try some you may like it ;) Very mild these two! And the way they were prepared...so yummy! The Hake which we are making is with hollandaise sauce and it makes it taste even better! So that was that! Good day in school.

Now for the best part of my day. We got out of school SO early after cooking...like 10:15. So I went to the bank, then went home to drop off my rabbit, then back to school to meet Katie :) the sweetest girl in my school (no joke)! Anyway...we walked to Laduree(google it and they are the first to come up! however u may want to translate it!)...the most AMAZING place in the world. It's my new heaven. They make macaroons there that are to die for! We both got dessert (i had macaroon pommes caramel and Katie had Isphan)


and coffee and then we bought macaroons and other bread goodies to go. Well we ate a bunch of them on our walk home...then we stopped at another chocolate shop to get MORE macaroons to try those ones. One tasted like salmon...it was SO funny! THEN we got a baguette and some bread and cheese thingy and I ate some of that!!! I LOVE KATIE! she eats as much as me! it's great. I could hang out with her forever :) YOU ROCK KATIE (if you read this!) Anyway...we walked back to school and had a diet coke and that was where I had to go to class again! But this was BY FAR the best day in paris so far :) (thank you katie!) As I was saying before I have an anniversary to celebrate! Tomorrow marks my one month mark being in Paris! I have survied. The first week...a little messy...but from then on things have been wonderful. Everyday I have to remind myself, even pinch myself that I am living in Paris. It's truely a dream come true. I would never imagine it, nor still can believe it's happening to me. Thank you mom and dad for allowing me to live this life. I am forever thankful to you. I love you both very much and wish you could experience this with me (not all the time though! haha) This is truely an amazing experience and I will cherish every minute of it! Thanx for reading my blog everyone! Stay tuned for more of Chef Penny! I have 6 more months to go!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR LOVE FOR US AND FOR SHARING YOUR WONDERFUL EXPRERIENCE WITH ALL. YOU TRULY ARE THE LOVE OF OUR LIVES. HAVE FUN

Anonymous said...

Well if I wasn't a vegetarian before, I am one now. Jeez Louise.