Monday, January 29, 2007

Jan 29, 2007

What a day! I woke up feeling great! But then it progressively went down hill...but back up again by the end of the day. So hopefully when i go to bed it will end on a good note! So, I went to school at 8:30 and all i had today was a CP and we actually finished class at 10:30 an entire hr before we were supposed to end! Although the chef wasn't too friendly, he did a great job on getting us out of class quickly! C'est bon! Well, we made the chicken breast with white wine and mushroom sauce...AMAZING! I loved (am still loving!) every minute of eating it. And the chef said it was good too. He said it was seasoned perfectly and the thickness of my sauce was good and my moussaline was very good too. So I had a good class...and that is going to be eaten no worries! (and probably be made again at home!!!)

However, this week I am assistant. And I happen to be assistant in Cuisine AND Pastry. How could i get so lucky?!?! It all depends on your last name. So i am at the end so it took me a while. Depending on how many people are in your class depends on how often you do it. This is my first time of many I am sure. I had no clue what to do, so I was a little late to class and got reprimanded in French a little :) Anyway, got done super early and had a few cups of coffee with Melissa, Katie and Kaili...the B crew! Then I headed home cause it was internet day...or so i thought! Long story short (again) this guy spoke a little more english and actually called some of his friends to help who spoke english. The locked room was now unlocked, I found my cable/electricity box but they need to open a wall (to hook some cables up for a telephone line) and i couldnt authorize that cause it's not my place. So he left, internet not done. ARGH! So i left all pissed. But I was very excited cause I was going to buy these boots I saw at a store (and they didn't have my size but another one did) that I thought were %50 off of 280 so that meant 140! Not bad and they were the perfect boot. I went to the store...they DID have my size...I tried them on and i'm SO glad they didn't fit cause originally they were 600 euros and they were on sale for 280 not half of that! and i would NOT have paid that! So i was kind of upset cause I wanted them so badly! So i moved on. I went to little cute places and took cards because I didn't really have time to shop. Then I went to get my bangs cut for free. Well I'm not happy with them...but they'll do. It was free and I need to get my hair cut sometime soon cause I can't stand it anymore...but whatever. I couldn't see anymore, so I had to do it. So that was upsetting. Then I went to BHV and they didn't have anything I needed except thread. By this time I am running so late because I had to get to school for wine class that i had to take the metro home which I was trying to avoid cause I want to try and walk everywhere. I got home at 6...picked up my book and left for school. Had wine class from 7-9! It was great! We actually learned how to taste wines and I'm starting to appreciate them more instead of just drinking! It's truely amazing what you can get out of just looking and smelling a glass of wine :) OH...and for all of you keeping up on my cheese excursions...I tried a goat cheese i liked! However, they threw away the package so I don't even know what kind it was. But when i find out, I will let everyone know! Now I am home doin some online stuff and going to head to bed soon! The cheese was my high point ;) (even though I have a slight tummy ache!) Bonne nuit

No comments: