Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Jan 30, 2007

"Oh, what a great day" (borrowed from Ellie!) It truely was one of those days where u just have to laugh. I had a PP at 8:30 am and we were making Eclairs and Chouquettes. Eclairs consist of the Choux Pastry, Pastry cream, and fondant (sugary stuff on stop). We had a choice of chocolate or coffee. I made coffee. Chouquettes are choux pastry with course sugar on top...kinda like doughnut holes...but light and fluffy. Exactly the cream puff, but without the cream and sugar on top...so just the puff! Anyway...things were going smoothly...UNTIL...get ready for this folks...I was whisking my pastry cream...boiling milk into my eggs...back on the burner...whisking and all of a sudden a bubble comes up and pops inbetween my eyes and I now have a little burn between my eyes! Pastry cream is thick so it kinda stayed there for a while and I couldn't remove it cause I was whisking! In the meantime, I also got burnt on my wrist. (i got one yesterday in cuisine too...but I'm not telling you all of the minor burns I get cause that would be SO intense you would all think I was trying to kill myself) They don't hurt...but this one was just too funny so I had to share it. I took some pictures to post so you can all laugh with me. Kaili made it the joke of the day..."remember when Penny burned herself with her pastry cream?!" pretty funny! (well not everytime!)



Anyway, my eclairs were said to be the perfect size but I could have concentrated more on my fondant he said. The sides were messy. He made a joke and said he was going to give me two bonus points today cause I burnt myself. Then he laughed and said no he wasn't. But overall he said I worked really well today. He also said my chouquettes looked nice. So that was that!


Then we went for coffee. We are having a feud between friends of who pays when. I was supposed to pay today and Katie insisted. Well I tried to sneak in to pay and Rick already payed. It was rather amusing! Anyway...tomorrow is my turn to pay :) Then I had CD which was VERY tasty to eat...but not too tasty to watch. I think I may surprise you on that class because I am doing it tomorrow and I want to take pictures! Hopefully I can :) The other things we learned were an artichoke and veggie greek dish thing (ha!) and like a creme caramel/vanilla/tea dessert. Yummy. But look out for tomorrows post! You will be interested! Anyway...then we had PD! BORING. I mean, the first hr was interesting but then he worked on making a flower out of marzipan for what felt like 3 hrs!!!! and sitting in the back u can't see anything so I was a little bored. We learned dacquoise and meringue (yuck!) I could do without either of these. So i came home showered...put some lube on my burn :) and am going to bed rather shortly cause I didn't get much sleep last nite! and my burn needs to get better! Enjoy the pictures and feel free to laugh all u want :) toodles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you poor girly! im sorry about the burn on your face...i love looking at your pics of food you make! you are amazing! i miss you!
ellie