Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jan 25, 2007

LONG day! They seem to be getting longer not shorter! But it was a fun one! And ended on a high note (and a smelly one at that!) So at 8:30 my class met at school for a Market tour. We didn't have to put on our uniform and we went to a market and got to pick out things we wanted for lunch. Well, we so conveniently went to the market next to my house...so needless to say I was a little upset that I woke up 2 hrs early to walk to school when I could have rolled out of bed to go to my market ;) AND it is in the negative temps here this week (Celcius that is!) so it was freezing walking around today and I was dressed warm but my toes i think fell off for a few minutes! The picture below is of my cuisine class minus one person who slept in a little too late today!

This other picture is Kaili not paying attention infront of the olive stand :)

Anyway, after the market we came back to school and ate what we bought. Litchis (anyone remember my 25th bday?!?! i dont!! hahahahaha!), blood sausage, pork intestines, goose pate, pork pate, pork sausage, chorizo, 4 different kinds of cheeses, red wine, 2 different kinds of bread, quiche lorraine, pound cake, some other kind of foie gras type foods...and they all were pork and goose...i truely told them not to tell me what i was eating til after i ate it or i wouldnt eat it. Then when they told me...i tried to forget it all cause it made me sick! Then for break Katie, Kaili, Melissa and I went for coffee. At 12:30 we had a demo and we learned Duck Terrain (some sort of pate) and Veal with more pate stuffed inside. I don't really care for this stuff. It didn't taste bad...but I don't really want to make it. Anyway, at 3:30 we had a break. Kaili and I ran errands then came back to my house to relax for a little. Came back to school for 6:30 class. Chef Cotte was a blast today! We made Grilled Salmon and he was in such a rush because his parents were coming into town, but he insisted on taking pictures! He was hilarious! So below you can see how funny he is. (well maybe not to you, but I think the grill steam was getting to us!!!) We had a blast!


My salmon was cooked correctly, my spinach was hot (not too many people had hot spinach!!!), my potatoes needed more browning but it was normal, and my butter broke because i heated it and I shouldnt have. But everything was flavored correctly. (and check out those grill marks! I grilled the salmon myself...so technically i did those myself! not horrible for a first timer?!??!)

So because he was in a rush, we finished an hr early. I came straight home, put my uniform in the wash, gave myself a wash...and STILL smell like smoke from the grill! NASTY! but oh well...what can i do?!?! I had a fun but LONG day! Gotta go to bed so it can happen all over again tomorrow :)

No comments: