Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jan 23, 2007

Well, I woke up feeling crappy again and i figured out why. (sara you will appreciate this) Well, as most of you know, before I came here I was in the beginning stages of becoming a vegetarian. Well then as school started things were good till we started with the meats! Well, as i started eating them and not just tasting...things in my body are not adjusting well. I feel overall more lethargic than normal (and trust me when I say this is not just from waking up everyday at 6:30...i mean i go to bed at 10!!!), my eyes feel heavy, my stomach is acting upset, my mood swings are bad, i have headaches, and overall i just don't feel good. It's not making me happy. So from now on when I make red meat, I will try it cause that's what I have to do as a chef, but I won't take it home (like i do everthing else) unless my roomate wants it, and I will toss it. It doesn't taste THAT good to feel crappy over. My health and happiness are more important than red meat! Anyway, i think we are moving away from the meat for a little :) So, I went to school at 8:30 not feeling well, also worried that that chef i didn't like was going to be our chef. But we had Chef Cotte, the one i like! So we made our roasted chicken! i was SO behind today! But i did finish. My chicken was 5 min undercooked (something i'm very paranoid about and it's the reason i don't cook it at home!) But it was cooked enough to be eaten and nice in color! My aus jus was perfect he said, in everyway...including salt :) FINALLY! The greenbeens were undercooked (i made them the american way...we like them crunchy!!) same as the carrots...but not as bad at the GB...they just needed a few more min...and the radishes needed to be smaller. He didn't comment on the celery root or the artichoke. That's that!

Day was over! So i went to ask Christel about my Carte de Sejour appt. She called and they said I had to go in to change my appt. And this is where my fun day starts! So i go to the office out in the middle of nowhere (to me...that just means far from my house!) The woman at the front desk spoke no english, but the woman who just walked in from lunch break did! So she walked me upstairs and told me to wait...she just said it would be under an hr...she had to call her boss! So i waited like 10 min and then she called me up and asked when i could come back. I gave her some dates...she chatted on the phone with the woman...got off and goes "can u do it now?" i was thrilled and said "OUI!" there were millions of people there i tell you!!! So i waited a bit. (i'm making this really long story short) i got my exam (the scale was in kilos i think so it was great not to know how much i weigh!), my heart xray, my dr appt,(need to go get a TB test sometime) then i waited in line for the actual carte. I get up there and the woman speaks NO english and she said in french i need to come back March 22nd to get the actual card because mine hasnt come in yet! so after all that...i have to come back! argh! So then i came home and here I am typing this. I'm sure the rest of my day will be boring. So check back tomorrow cause i know i have a fun day tomorrow and thur! au revoir ;)

No comments: