Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Jan 22, 2007

Woah...long day! Woke up feeling so so, but i knew i had to get through my LONG day! Anyway...8:30 am was a PD, which was nice and laid back...and i finally sat in the front row again! I decided to do that so i wouldn't fall asleep! It didn't work. The translator said she saw me dose off a few times...but it was ok! I didn't get in trouble. anyway, we learned apple turnovers, palms and palms but with raspberry filling (don't remember the name and we aren't making them!) All so good. But after class was the best!!! I walked out and my roomie was there and she made macaroons (french ones though...not the jewish kind!!!) They are sooo good! I ate a really big one and it made me happy! At break time I just checked my email and relaxed. Then at 12:30 we made our beef bourguignonne! It was kinda tough to make just because there was so much going on at once. Not to mention we had to "turn" potatoes! You can't really see in the picture (and i used 3 i think of the ones the chef made for me!!!) but mine were HORRIBLE! i can't turn a potato for the life of me. i tried so hard...and i will keep trying...but that's impossible! i dare you all try to turn a potato or a carrot and come tell me u wanna be a chef still! ha! Chef said my sauce was good and the perfect consitancy, but a bit on the salty side! (now im going overboard with the salt!) But my meat was very tender compared to most peoples...don't know how that happened! Personally I don't like this dish...however you will hear later in this blog that I ate it for dinner ;)

Then at 3:30 I had a cuisine demo with a chef that I am not too fond of so it was hard to pay attention! However, he was VERY speedy and got done an entire hr early with the demo. Because of that though...he spoke so fast that I couldn't take good notes! We learned roasted chicken in it's own aus jus and veggies with turned artichokes. As well as your typical omelette with onions...however they don't put cheese in theirs in france! go figure! Both ok in taste. Then I changed clothes, ran to get a demi baguette from across the street and sat in the winter garden (the area for students to chill out in) and ate my beef (cold) with my baguette, a diet coke, and listened to my ipod while talkin to my friends before my first wine class started at 7 pm! FINALLY we started! IT was thrilling! Kaili said I looked bored...but I was truely tired and didn't feel well (will post more about this in next blog) We drank 4 wines and had a cheese with every wine. NOT GOOD! i mean good for the palate...some of them...u know i dont eat stinky cheese, but NOT good for the stomach! i was a MESS after class. great class and thank god it's only once a week...but WHEW i was in pain! so i made it home ok and was so tired that I just crashed!

No comments: