Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 12, 2007

first off...CASEY AND ANDREW ARE ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!! i have to post a BIG congratulations! I am SOOO happy for my two friends. all my love ;) (and don't worry dink...I won't mention how I was part responsible! heehee)

Leslie and I both woke up at 7:30. She went her way and had what I think to be a lovely day going to the louvre, orangery, arc de triumphe, plus much more. For me…I had my first day of class! I met everyone at LCB and at 9 am the first class started. Herve This (the ONLY man I cared to meet!!) gave a lecture on “Molecular Gastronomy” DUH…since he invented it!

(more pictures will come on saturday!)
He was amazing! Did you know eating an entire nutmeg can make you die?!? AND putting tarragon in oil is toxic?!?! Interesting huh? We then had a mini break and then we went onto lecture 2 who was Jean Baptiste Coulon and he spoke on “The Terroir Factor: the case of cheeses”.

I have to admit I was rather bored during this lecture but I learned one interesting thing. Cheese taste different depending on the breed of animal and what they eat! Cool huh? No wonder French cheese taste so good :) Then we had lunch which was made by my friends down in the sous-sol! It was chicken and potatoes amongst other stuff. And my bestie Manuel happened to show up at school with perfect timing! I got to see him which made me happy. Then we started back up with the last lecture of the day which was Patrick MacLeod who spoke on “Neurophysiology of taste”.

I loved him. It really got me thinking. I learned too much to type here…but feel free to contact me! After class at 6 pm Leslie met me in the Winter Garden. And Sandra at school SCORED us some kick ass reservations at Pierre Gagnaire’s (graduation nite) other restaurant called Gaya. It’s a seafood place. Leslie and I walked over there and had a splendid meal starting off with kir royal and ending off with some great desserts! As we left, my waitress told me there was someone who worked in the kitchen from LCB. I asked to speak to them and it actually happened to be someone I went to school with who was in my class! So funny! Great to see him and what an amazing job! Then we walked home. We chatted for a while and I managed to get to bed at 11 which was late because…

No comments: