Saturday, November 10, 2007

November 10, 2007

Guest blogger alert!

Leslie again reporting on Saturday's activities. I would have posted them together in one blog but Penny got a "look" when I suggested it so I split them :) We woke up super early this morning with an agenda set. First Penny took me to the market right outside of her apartment. It was amazing - I felt so stupid but I had to take pictures! Later, we independently told each other that it reminded us of Beauty and the Beast and of course, we had that market song stuck in our heads the rest of the day. We picked up some bread for our day. Then we went to the gay district because Penny needed a trousse (penny speaking: that means knife case...we both learned that word...and i didn't find the right one!) and that's where the kitchen stores were. The area was really cute and trendy (obvs).

Finally we set off for the main event of the day - Versailles. We toured the castle which was unbelievable. I couldn't believe how elaborate everything was and the history was just unreal. I've never seen anything like it before. We also toured the gardens which were kind of drab, but that's my fault for visiting in November. I experimented with all of the cheeses Penny bought and we hung out and chatted for a while, even though it was FREEZING outside.

We got back on the train to the other major event of the day - going to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We got off the train in a ritzy area and walked around and took touristy pictures in front of it, then made our ways to the ridiculously long line. Our whole plan for today was to get to the top at night - and we got there around 3. But by the time we got to the top, the sun had set :) It was completely worth the wait though - the view from the top was just amazing!
(penny here again: here are the two pictures i took from the top....like i said...leslie has the pictures of us)



We walked back and now Penny is making dinner - chicken with some kind of mushroom sauce. It smells really good! And she is totally kicking my butt at the showtune game - I am so embarassed!

(penny again!)According to Leslie...dinner was fabulous and she is impressed with how much I've learned. We talked and did some research for things we talking about earlier in the day and then went to bed around 11! Fun day!

No comments: