Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 5, 2007

LAST WEEK AT LCB! WOOH!!!!! I know...can you believe it! I am on my 11th month here. CRAZY! Anyway...I had my trainer at 10:30 who once again kicked my butt! I came home and was SO exhausted that I showered and layed on my bed and read a bit and then fell asleep for an hr til I had to get dressed for school! I went to school and at 3:30 we had a demo. We learned marshmallows, nougat, sweet raviolios, and gummies. I was so bored because we learned all of that stuff in superior! BUT i did get to help out in class today and manuel managed to catch some shots of me! it was funny!

AND i was VERY excited for what was next!!!!! Chef finished at 6 pm today and we didnt have to go to our practical because today was the MOF competition! Let me explain. MOF= Meilleur Ouvrier de France. It's a competition that takes place every three years and this was the year! It doesn't just have to do with chocolate or pastries, but there is also charcuterie and even building trades. There are MANY catagories. It literally translates to Best Worker of France. In any case tonite was the MOF competition of Chocolate. Outsiders are not allowed to watch the competition, just attend the awards ceremony. Now, each year there may not be a winner, there may be just one or there may be more than one. This year the head pastry chef over at LCB Japan was competing. He was practicing at school for the past two months and he would often let us try his work! Although we never saw his sculpture, we knew he was going to be amazing! In anycase...we went as a class to see the final results! This year 4 people won and BRUNO (the guy from LCB) was one of them!!!! it was SOOO exciting! He was excited and i congratulated him and i took plenty of pictures. The pictures of the sculptures are ONLY of the winners. There were so many people there in a tiny room (i took a picture) that I thought I would only take pics of the winners. The first picture's are of chef bruno's stuff! Enjoy because i know I did!!!!

After the competition a few of us went out for dinner with Sylvie (the woman incharge of LCB). It was a fun night out. I got home at 11 and by that time just crashed! But what an experience and so cool to be able to say i was there!

No comments: