Monday, August 20, 2007

August 20, 2007

Wow...8 more days til i graduate...6 til mom and dad get here...can you tell im excited! Anyway...today was my LAST long day! and boy...was it boring! at 8:30 I had my LAST cuisine practical...unless you count my practice for my exam tomorrow...but i don't count that! Anyway...we made the stuffed lamb with a potato cake! I kicked some butt today! My seasoning, my cook, and my jus were good! Chef loved it all! I was very happy :) especially since it was the last one! I ended on a good note! The plating was boring...but there wasn't much I could do with it...so oh well!

After class I went to grab a snack and then at 12:30 was when the boring stuff began. We had two cuisine demos in a row...BOTH of them we aren't making. We just had to watch them. So i talked most of the time...BUT i did take notes as well. In the first one we learned a lobester salad with caviar, Sea trout mousseline with an orange sauce and a broccoli puree, and a watermelon jelly with melon soaked in sauternes (which was horrible!!). The second one we learned langoustine salad (wait...didn't we just learn the same thing!!?!??!), Duck with radished, dates in red wine sauce, souffled potatoes, and a carrot and cumin puree, and macaroons with fennel ice cream. Second demo was MUCH tastier :) After class I went home with Dzintra and she has a tanning bed in her house...so I caught some rays :) Then her husband Alan cooked dinner. It was GREAT! Fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, bread, tomatoe and feta salad, and for dessert, homemade peach sorbet! All of it was amazing! I eventually came home and I am about to study for my practice exam tomorrow and then go to bed shortly! I am ready for this...i know!!!! a bientot!

No comments: