Friday, July 13, 2007

July 12, 2007

GREAT day. I woke up early...too early. 5:30 am! But all did was roll over, put on clothes, grabbed my bag and left! I had to be at school by 6:15 for RUNGIS the largest market in Paris. HALF, maybe less, of our class was there! Anyway, they were all in the tabac drinking coffee. I went on the bus and closed my eyes. Didn't work, because once we started moving I got hungry so I ate my breakfast at around 7ish. We arrived around 7:30 and our tour guide came around. He was not too nice right at the beginning but wound up being much nice later. He is an actor is france. So we chatted for a while! I asked him about the pay and how roles work and stuff. VERY interesting. He spoke english, so it was easy. Anyway, you will see in the pictures where we went. Our class got to go to the Poultry Market where none of the other classes had got to go. Then the Meat (carcass part) Market (4 degrees Celsius inside!!!! freezing!). We couldn't go to the Tripe or the Game parts for obvious reasons. Then we went to the Produce Market, then the cheese market and then the flower market. Each one just amazing! At the meat market, we also got a special tour of one of the mini markets where a butcher did a demo for us. He was dancing everwhere and playing ping pong and guitar with the lamb legs! It was hilarious! after the demo he asked me for a kiss on the cheek...so i gave him one. The class made an uproar. It was hilarious! None of the other classes have gotten that tour either, so we were special. We also got a rose from our tour guide! Enjoy the pictures and feel free to contact me with further questions!

After we got home at 12...I came home and took a nap til 2:20. Then went to the gym and the did nothing for a while. Eventually at 8:30 I went to meet Sarah by my place because we were going to walk to dinner. Well she brought me GORGEOUS lillies! And she was late because she got a bit lost. So we hopped on the metro. We got there in perfect time though. We went to Alain Ducasse's restuarant called Spoon, Food and Wine. We had a little trouble with the waitress at the beginning and even i complained :) BUT my dinner was OUTSTANDING! I left my camera at home so you dont have pictures of dinner, but i can tell u all about it! For a started I had a cucumber soup with goat cheese and crab. TO DIE FOR...and should have been for 20 euros! HA!!! Then for my main course, which is the specialty of the restaurant, there are 3 columns and you pick on from each column and make your own meal. I picked grilled calamari with a parsley and garlic sauce and wok veggies. Well my calamari had sesami seeds on it and it came with a VERY spicy sauce on the side as well which was AMAZING! the whole dish was spectacular! for dessert, Sarah and I split the 5 spoon dish. It consisted of 5 different small desserts plus they give you oatmeal raisin, and choc choc cookies on the side! The 5 desserts were a choc mousse, a coconut and pear cream thing, a cheesecake, a strawberry ice cream (tasted like bubble gum) and a strawberry coulis that tasted like something that should be ontop of waffles. It was AMAZING! I was SOOOO stuffed. I got home at like 12:30 and went to bed at 1:15 or so. LONG DAY! But such a great one...and check out my pretty flowers :)

No comments: