Friday, June 22, 2007

June 21, 2007

Today was a fun day! I woke up at 9 and did a bunch of cleaning. For some reason because i've had late classes, I feel the need to just let me room lay loose! I'm just lazy...but it's been kinda nice! SO i cleaned and eventually let and had coffee with Katie. Then at 12:30 we had ONE class which was CP. We made the stuffed squab (pigeon) and mushroom tartlets! We had the good chef :) Class was a breeze! We started to plate at 2:10! We were dressed and ready to leave school by 2:30! Out one whole hour early! NICE! Anyway, Chef said my sauce had good seasoning, my farce had good seasoning, and everything was cooked perfectly. The only thing was that I could have put more farce on the outside of my squab. But I told him that I forgot to do that. So next time! He is also the master plater, so I asked him if he would help me with that. The picture you see is NOT how I presented it to him. I added a little more sauce and I didn't take a picture of it. My bad. But he liked it none the less. And he said we were going to work on that a lot this trimester. Good! That's what i wanna do!!!! Anyway, I left class feeling like I worked well today!

After school I picked up a few things from the grocery store and then went home to start what was to be my AMAZING dinner :) Ok...my attempt at an amazing dinner! First I made my claufoutis! It's traditionally made with cherries and they JUST came into season here...so I HAD to make one. The pictures you see are before and after. It looks MUCH better than it tastes...but it didn't taste bad by all means ;) Threw some vanilla ice cream on top and voila!


You are supposed to make it an hour before serving. So i did it right when I came home. Then I talked on the phone with sara for a while, wrote some emails, read some magazines and intermittently worked on cooking. Eventually I started to cook! I made a salad, bought bread from Lenotre, wine, and the main entre was veal with a saffron cream sauce with mushrooms and instead of peas I used green beans! Everything turned out ok. I could pick it a part. But i won't :) I did that while i was eating it. But what's a chef for?!?! Anyway...it was my first time making it...what do you expect? perfection? Yes i know dad...YOU do :) I don't! Anyway...it was edible. Liz didn't drink her wine...so i did! And I ate all of my food because i had a busy day cooking and it was pretty good! I have to thank Kaili for the recipe. I am bringing her some to school to see what she thinks! The pictures are of the entire table and then the place setting and then the main course. I also cut the lemons like the tiger teeth, like we learned in school. I'm a dork. Presentation wasn't my main importance here (if you couldn't tell!)



After dinner liz and i cleaned...BADLY! after that I just SAT DOWN! I read a magazine and layed on my bed. Finally I just crashed. There was a music festival going on today...so there was a LOT of loud music going on. SO today was the FIRST day in paris where i had to use my ear plugs! CRAZY! But they worked. Overall, great day! I told you...things are lookin up!

No comments: