Thursday, June 21, 2007

June 20, 2007

This week has just been so beautiful as far as my schedule! I don't want next week to start!!!!!!! Anyway, once again, I had 12:30 class. I woke up early and YAH the plumber came today. We expected him on thur so it was very exciting. I left so he could do his work. I went to the bank to exchange some money for katie and then i went shopping a little. Didn't get much, but I've been living without a flat iron so I bought a new one. At noon I got to school and sat down with Katie and Lauren while they had their coffee. At 12:30 we had a CP. We made the Sea Bass in bread. LONGEST PRACTICAL TO DATE! no lie. We got done at 3:30 ON THE SPOT. Not to mention we had a demo starting at 3:30. We were all in such a rush. Luckily...it wasn't just our class! There were too other classes that were rushing just as much. Anyway, chef said my plate looked pretty, my sauce was good, my aubergine had good flavor, and everything was cooked correctly. And today I actually filleted a fish by myself. I can't say I did the best job...but I didn't get any help. So i conquered one thing! I guess overall it was a good food day. I did't really think so but he did. While I was cleaning my dishes I saw liz outside, so I gave her my food and all of her friends tried it. They said it was amazing. So that says something as well :)

Meanwhile, we all rushed to class. At 3:30 we rushed to get to CD with my FAV chef who had been on vacation! SO glad he is back. He is great at teaching, cooking AND plating! YAH!!!!!! I can't wait for him to be my chef in practicals! Anyway, we learned langoustines and asperges, Squab with stuffed legs and a mushroom tartlet, and the best dessert!!! Almond cream stuffed dates wrapped in phyllo with saffron and gingerbread ice cream! heaven!!! And all of this with beautiful plating made the tasting today extra delicious! Chef is just amazing! Anyway, after class I went and sat with all of my friends while they had a beer. Then at 7 we had wine class!! Our first one. It was a good one too. This trimester is wines of the world! We learned Australia, Argentina, California, South Africa, New Zealand and Chile! I actually DRANK my glasses tonite...not just sipped ;) And luckily I did. Cause as I was walking home, Liz texted me saying there was STILL no hot water. And madame called me saying there was! So I was all in a hurry to get home. I get home and call madame saying there is NO hot water. So they were going to call the plumber for thur again! BUT i made fish today. I HAD to take a shower and since the water had been turned back on in the shower I decided to use it. So i took a cold one. 30 min later...the guy from downstairs came up and said it was leaking again!!!!!! So we had to turn it off again. I guess I'm gonna still have to use the sink til this gets fixed. Going on week four after thur!!!!! ANNOYING! Anyway, made a mess of my room, talked to my friend Aaron who is in Korea (check out his blog posted on the right of my page!), and went to bed at 11:30!

No comments: