Thursday, May 31, 2007

remise des diplomes

YAH! So today was the day. However WHAT A CRAZY MORNING! Ok...So i was sleeping and Liz was up about to go to the market and Bee was cleaning out her room and all of a sudden the doorbell rang. The woman that lives below us came in screaming that the shower was leaking downstairs through the ceiling and completely ruining everything. So we had to shut off our water! So today...i had no water in my bathroom. So when I was about to shower I decided to use madame's bathroom...well she had no HOT water! SO i was out of luck and smell and have pretty nasty hair even though i rinsed it. Atleast I'm leaving tomorrow :)! Anyway...after all that mess, Liz and I went to run mad errands. I got a good deal on a camera. So atleast I'll be good for italy :) You will all get to see my adventures! No worries. And I promise I will blog like mad when I get home. But for now...GRADUATION! So we came home and fake showered and got dressed. Then Sarah, Liz's new classmate, came over and we left for the graduation. WELL...I left Bee's gift at home and Sarah...the nice person she is...ran home for me and got it! Luckily we were only JUST at my metro...but still SOOOO nice! I owe her one! Ok...so we get to graduation and we start SUPER late. We started at like 3:45 and ended at like 6...BUT...i have some exciting news. I don't know if I should post it because even though you ALL think i LOVE to brag, i don't. And I definately don't want my classmates thinking this is going to go to my head because it WONT! Anyway...I was 3rd in my class for pastry! Out of 42 people I placed 3rd. I was SHOCKED! When they said that, one of my cuisine chefs said to me..."it's in pastry" and all i was thinking in my head was "ofcourse dumbass...did you really think I thought i could be 3rd in cuisine?!?!?" I wanted to smack him! Anyway...i was so amazed! I didn't expect it AT ALL! After I left stage I started crying a bit. I was soooo happy. I couldn't wait to call home!

Anyway...after the ceremony I stayed for 2 glasses of champagne and then came home! Called mom and dad! DUH! And then I did a whole bunch of cleaning! Liz moved into her room so I now have my own room again! Doesn't matter much. I'm leavin tomorrow! But...nonetheless! SO i cleaned and somehow got packed with TONS of laziness and procrastination in between! Anyway...I ALSO purchased a skype telephone line with an 847 area code. SOOOOO those of you who live in my home town who want to call...CAN and it will be a local phone call! But you need to contact me to get the number! How fun!!!!! Anyway...it's 11:30 and I leave tomorrow for ITALY! Talk to you when I get back. Ciao ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go penny 3rd in pastry next time it will be #1 I have great faith in you I know you'll love Italy one of my favorite places but then again I luv Paris also and anywhere in the world i'm priveledged enough to go to again congrats bring home the sweet things love you always aunt corrine

Nellz said...

THIRD! That's amazing. Congrats, and have a fabulous trip!