Tuesday, May 29, 2007

May 28, 2007

So today was the beginning of a hectic week. I woke up at 7:45 and went to the gym. Came home and got dressed and left rather early to run some errands. I got to school early because I had to print some stuff for italy and it was my last demo with a practical with it. We had part two of croquembouche. So the demo was at 12:30 and then at 3:30 we made the rest of it. (interlude- I went to take my usual pictures during the demo---first time i was turning on my camera for the day---and it was BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!! i nearly died. more to come of this story) Kaili and Katie didn't come so Melissa and I were partners. It was actually kind of fun. Chef said mine was tres jolie! So i guess it was ok. Things kept breaking though and it was A LOT harder than the chef who did the demo made it look! But I was SOOO happy when it was done and all I wanted to do was toss it out the window. But you can see for yourself ;) I ate a few of the left over cream puffs and put the entire thing downstairs so others could eat it. I mean it tasted ok...but to me...U.G.L.Y. oh well. I don't think I'll be near a croquembouche for a LONG time to come...but it would be pretty cool to have one at my wedding ;)





After class I came home and just relaxed and met Sarah who is also a new student like Liz. We all chatted for a while and I procrastinated on my studying as usual ;) I made myself a VERY tasty salad and returned a bunch of emails. Eventually I studied a bit and then went to bed. It wasn't the most productive of evenings...but oh well!

No comments: