Wednesday, May 30, 2007

May 30, 2007

Ok...so i was a BIT lazy today...but productive as well :) I didn't go to the gym...BUT i did practice piping opera and studied my recipes. I slept in a bit...til 9. That's late for me ;) And did all my stuff and left the house at 1. I went camera shopping and failed again at that! tomorrow is my day though!!!!!! Anyway...I went to school to study more and talk to people about the exam. At 3:30 we had our exam. The 3 dishes were Douceur, Jamaique, and tarte passion framboise. I got the jamaique! Katie, Melissa and I had the same thing while Kaili had the tart! we were SOOO happy that we didn't have to temper chocolate. And although the passion fruit/raspberry tart was SUPER easy, people were complaining that the dough was too soft to work with...so I was super pleased that i got the jamaica! I was the ONLY one out of the 5 people who did the jamaica that decorated their cake. The others did the pineapple trick which is a simple pineapple in the center of the cake! And my Opera writing didn't look so bad either. I didn't do it the traditional way. I wanted to branch out...as usual! So below you can see my work...however they were from my camera phone so you can't tell much! i PROMISE i will get a camera for italy!!!


Anyway...after school liz met me and we walked home in the rain. Then we went to H&M and did a little damage...but not to much. On the walk home we got pizza hut. Crappy...but it was raining out and we wanted a girls night in (even though the both of us are ALWAYS attached to our computers!) So...after we ate I tried to clean up and get ready for next trimester (i'm not even ready for italy...WHAT?!) And now I'm getting ready for bed! Check out my blog tomorrow because 1) i'll have a slideshow of ALL the food i made this trimester and 2) I GRADUATE!!!! SUPERIOR HERE I COME!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Nellz said...

You are the sweetest, Penny. Thank you. And YOU are the one who is an inspiration, with your amazing leap of faith to move to the other side of the world! And I love reading all about it. :)