Tuesday, May 29, 2007

May 29, 2007

Ok...so i woke up still peeved about my camera and went to the gym. Came home and actually did my hair because today was test day. I believe that if I look better, I will feel better and do better. Not the case. More on that later. Anyway...I left to go see if my camera could be fixed. When I turn it on, the screen is black and the pictures taken are black! ARGH! Anyway...They guy said it wasn't repareable. So then I started looking at camera prices. I can't live without a camera here...ESPECIALLY since i am leaving for italy on friday!!!!!! So i got frustrated and figured I'd wait the day. I went to school and found my friends studying so I sat with them for a bit then went to school. I changed and started looking over my wine stuff but not really caring. At 12:30 we had our LAST pastry demo which Liz and Sarah came to. It happened to be my FAVORITE dessert of all times...Millefeuile! Yummy...to those of you in the states...Napoleons! I actually did a report in jr high and brought those to school! haha. Anyway...it was a long and boring class because all i wanted to do was to take my exam! Ok...so at 3:30 was my cuisine exam. The two dishes were Poulet Basque and Trout. I got the trout. So I can't filet a fish...but i could do eveything else. Or else i thought i could. I BOMBED this exam. My fish was over cooked...my carrots were over cooked (which they are usally undercooked...so i wasn't too concerned), my sauce was RETCHEDLY salty (not enough sauce!!!!) and my onions....i dont even know where to start! oy! I guess everyone's onions were bad though. That was the technical part. Those blew. Mine looked HORRIBLE! I was completely embarrassed that i go to this school and they taught me stuff and THAT is what i produced! Anyway...there is NOTHING i can do about it now. So no need to complain ;) I did however take a picture with my phone (more on that later too!)

After class...I drank a diet coke while my friends had a beer. THEN we had our last wine class. Which was the test and then drinking LOTS of champagne. The test...i didn't study...but i did it. I dont know if i failed but I dont think i did. I also have a GREAT story. I was sitting next to melissa and she was playing with the fat under my arm and I said "i didnt have that before. But now i do since i gained weight" and this oriental girl (no offense) sitting next to her says to me "yes, you put on some more. I haven't been her in two months and you've put on some more" I said thanks and looked away. She goes (to try and cover up) "no...everyone has, but you put on more" I wanted to crack her one! Instead I just drank champagne. ARGH! what a b--ch!!!! After class i came home. Liz and I popped popcorn in a pan (we dont have a microwave) and it was really good. and I sat at her computer for about 1 hr trying to figure out bluetooth so I could send my pictures to her comp! Mine doesnt have it. its old! FINALLY i figured it out. So thats how u can all see my pretty final dish! Then i called home to figure out the camera situation. Turns out i have a warranty and I'll be able to get it fixed for free and maybe get it replaced. But i still have to buy something in the meantime for italy. For now, it's midnight and i haven't studied pastry (not worried at all) and i HAVE to go to bed. LAST final tomorrow and then i am a SUPERIOR STUDENT! ok...nite all!

No comments: