Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 12, 2007

Today I woke up at 8 and went to the gym. Then I came home and put on my flip flops and a tshirt cause it's almost 77 degrees here. Sorry chicago :) NOT! heehee. I went to school at 12:30 to make my opera cake. It's layers of joconde (a white biscuit), coffee syrup, coffee butter cream, and chocolate ganache! What a messy cake! BUT a very tasty one! Not much to say about the class. I started off rough and didn't think I was gonna survive...but I did. It tasted great. As far as look, I don't know...chef said it looked fine. i KNOW i need to work on my piping! I will, I will! I MUST! Here is the chef we had today with my cake. How cute ;) Anyway...it was a pretty fast pace class. But in the end we succeeded!


We ended pretty much at 3 pm and then at 3:30 we had a CP where we made the guinea fowl pie. We were told that we had to put it in the oven by 5 pm. Yesterday we were all like...oh yah no prob! Well today we were so pressed for time we didn't think we were gonna have time to decorate it! But we did. I didn't do mine too fancy. I kept it simple. Anyway...I have to say...I finally conquered my first tasty jus! It had the right flavor, consistency, and saltiness. Everything about it was perfect. Friends and chef said so. AND chef said my dough on my pie was perfect. (notice it goes back to pastry...NOT cooking. haha) Anyway...overall this class was a good success for me! However it was BLOODY HOT!!!!!!! I mean boiling. If today was hot...i can't imagine august...i'm gonna be one complaining little frenchie! anyway...check out my masterpiece :)

Afterclass I walked to meet Trephene at a GREAT restaurant called Grannie. I got it off of a fellow LCB alum's website. It was so good. I had shrimp risotto, tuna wrapped in seaweed with orange sweet potato puree and then for dessert a millefeuille with green tea cream. All of it amazing and only 30 euros! We had a nice talk and a nice dinner. I came home and now im getting ready for BRUSSELS! ciao :)

No comments: