Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 10, 2007

After a nice long weekend...i had a nice LONG day back!!! I started at 8:30 with a PD. We learned Macarons (YAH!), caramel creme brulee, and a chocolate fondant (more like a brownie) with white chocolate ice cream. All very tasty. Then during break I went to buy my ticket to brussels!!!! I am going this weekend :) Me, myself and I! I am taking a well needed vaca alone :) I am going to eat mussels, french fries, waffles and chocolate! And do some sightseeing! I can't wait. I only have one class friday, so I am leaving right after that! It's gonna be great! Anyway, then I met back up with my friends at the coffee shop and just chilled with them til we had to leave. Then at 12:30 we had CD. We learned Duck leg with sausages (yes we even encase them! pretty nifty), mackerel with crisp veggies, and a rhubarb tart. Since I'm not a sausage fan I didn't like it that much. Oh well. Then after that class I went straight to PP. We made the macaroons! Mine didn't come out as well as I had hoped...but they weren't horrible. Definately not as good as Laduree or Gerard Mulot, but I'll get there! watch out chicago :) Anyway, everything else turned out fine. And chef liked my presentation. We had to present it restaurant style, or how you would serve it. I like to plate. I'm working very hard on my presentation because when I work in a restaurant that is the area I would like to work in, so I would like to get better at it. Anyway, I was pleased, but would have liked to work a little better with my cream.


Then after class I sat down and ate my dinner that I brought from home and talked to my friends. At 7 was my first wine class of this trimester. That ended at 9 pm and then I walked home with some friends. I got home, and was pretty tired so I went to bed shortly after. It was a LONG day...but passover is over...and no more matzoh :)

No comments: