Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Joyeuse St-Valentin

Well it is the dreaded day...but mine wasn't too bad! I was surrounded by people I love and who love me (minus mom, dad, and a few close friends from home) But otherwise i was VERY happy. I woke up, NO hangover ;) ate my pains au chocolat from Laduree that I purchased yesterday...walked to school for my two demos and the food was quite delicious today! In CD we learned a Flemish which is a leek pie with cheese, beef tournados with bernaise sauce and french fries and a frozen bombe! All VERY tasty :) Then at break I stayed in and checked my email and stuff because it was raining and i didn't want to mess my hair anymore because at 12 we took class pictures for pastry! How fun...NOT! But we had to do it. Then at 12:30 we had PD and we learned CROISSANT! 4 diff types actually. Plain ones, chocolate (which is called pains au chocolat), apricot ones, and cherry windmills! Plus...chef made two EXTRA things which were pain au raisin but with croissant dough instead of brioche dough and then some brittany bread...which was great! We also learned the dough for our brioche! Anyway...class ended and i tried all 6 of the croissant types he made...but i ate an ENTIRE pains au chocolate...and may i give MAD props to the chef...the most AMAZING chocolate croissant i have EVER had. maybe it was because it was straight out of the oven...but it was light and fluffy and just enough butter and just perfect! Loved every min of it! I can't wait to make them!!!!! Oh...forgot to mention...we were a tad bored in class today...so i took a picture of Lauren's pretty decoration she made on her fingers! love yah lauren ;)

Then after class I went to the gym...then came home...dropped off my stuff, went back out, went to the closest chinese food place and ordered me A LOT of food, came home, gorged myself, showered, did some online research, and wished myself a Joyeuse St-Valentin. Love to all! It's been a GREAT day :)

No comments: