Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Feb 12, 2007

Class at 8:30 was a VERY successfull class. We made the veal stew. And although two of my nameless friends didn't show up (we missed you!!!!) Katie and I rocked the house! Chef Cotte taught us something new which was a reduction ALWAYS brings out the taste better ESPECIALLY when u are dealing with a roux! So...we did something different we learned in demo and our sauces were much better than the demo chef's! Chef loved my dish! He was very impressed with it. C'est Bon!

Then Katie, Kaitlin and I went for coffee. I had a LOT of coffee today...but i bought, unbeknownst to them!!! :) Then at 12:30 we had pastry demo and I sat in front because we learned some genoise mocha butter cream cake and....dum dum dum.....CROISSANT! YAH! we only learned the dough. we actually make it wed or thur or something! but i am very excited! Good week! Anyway, then after class, which ended at 3, I had my french speaking friend Melissa L. call the shot place to see if I could get my 4:05 appt earlier. They said 3:30 which was perfect. So i walked over to the "nobody speaks english" place...and I actually translated for the COMPLETELY non speaking french dude infront of me. I can atleast comprehend some stuff. I was talking to him and he said he was a student. I asked him if he was gonna learn french and he said no! OY! He is worse than me. Anyway, then it was my turn. Long story short...because my main test results were normal, i only had to take one shot...come back in 5 weeks and take the same shot...then i dont have to take that shot again for another 10 years! But whatever. I still didn't get in til 4:10 because of the stupid dude who spoke no french! Then I went to the gym...ran home...showered and got dressed and went back to school to go to wine class! Today was WHITE wines. So needless to say i didn't sip...i drank :) and i found a new wine i REALLY like...and its only 6 euros a bottle. How cheap?!?! i'm stocking up! Anyway...I came home and ate some of my roomates AMAZING tune dish....and then crashed :)

No comments: