Sunday, January 7, 2007

Le Tour Eiffel

Today was definately a GREAT day! It was dedicated to my best friend Sara. She bought me these things called City Walks. They are cards that give you descriptive walks of where to go and how to walk them exactly and stops to make on the way. In otherwords, for morons like me, you can't get lost! So today I had the day completely off and after doing the wash (they dont use driers here!) I left at 1:30 to do the Eiffel Tower walk! However I didn't follow the card exactly because it's so close to my house that I didnt need to take the metro to get to the first destination on the card! Anyway, I get there and I met a VERY nice family from Connecticut. It was a mom, dad, son and then the other son stayed downstairs. We chatted the entire 3 flights up and it was nice to be with other people and not have to be alone! But I got to see everything I wanted. All 3 flights :) And you will see below a plethera of pictures! After that, I walked through the Trocadero which Sara said is her favorite place! The card said to eat at the restuarant Cafe du Trocadero, so I did! It was beautiful. I had a great salad and a Kir (champagne with cassis syrup in it-mine also had something else in it but those are basic ones) anyway...for one person it was so expensive...22 euros! (tip included) Anyway, then I left and went to a Boulangerie to get some bread and pastries! Came home and showered and here i am :) Today was a great day because i had a realization that I'm in France, by myself, studying something i love, in a beautiful city...what could be better than that? So to all of you asking if I like Paris...the answer is yes...i love it and i am very happy. things will be great i know they will! And to Sara...thanx for the gift...I hope you get here soon so we can enjoy it together (as well as Disneyland Paris!!!!!) Enjoy my pictures!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! ughhh I want to come visit so badly!! hmm...what can I do to make a couple grand?? i guess theres always amateur night at the strip club, but we wouldn't know anything about that now would we??!?! =)

Anonymous said...

Okay...where is the newest update? ;)
Miss you, love.

Anonymous said...

btw...'anonymous'=jen :)