Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jan 8, 2007

School. At 8:30 I had my first CD. We learned how to make veal stock, fish stock, fillet a fish and then we made a fish dish with a butter and wine sauce. I've forgotten the name of the dish! I'll find the name somewhere later. Then I had a 4+ hr break so I walked to Montparnasse to deposit my american money which I still had a week since i've been here! Then walked back. Had a cup of tea with my friend Alex, he is in charge of the uniforms at school, and he helped me fill out my paper work for a metro pass which will all in french. Since he is fluent in french i needed his help! Yah for frenchies! Then I came back to school and marked my knives with tape! I'd rather get them engraved...but I don't have the time to wait for them or money right now. Then I checked my email at school, g-chatted for a while and then got dressed for next class. At 3:30 I had another demo but it was a basic one about every pot and pan in the kitchen as well as utensil etc. As well as the kitchen hierarchy. Helpful, but boring! Then I left and came home and ate the rest of the food I had bought for lunch. Then i realized the internet i was stealing was no longer existant!!! I was from then on miserable. I talked on the phone for a bit, then read a little then went to bed.

No comments: