Saturday, January 13, 2007

Jan 9, 2007

Yah for pastry day! Finally! 8:30am PD we learned how to make 5 different kinds of sables (cookie doughs pretty much) we learned two new techniques (both of which i knew- toot toot) sablage and fraisage. At 11 am my friend Kaili (from texas) and I walked to my bank and they still didn't have my card!!!! we came back...had a cup of espresso and then made it back to school for 12:30 pratical on what we just learned! We made the diamantes pictured below.


When i post pictures they will ALWAYS be of what I make...not of what the chef makes...cause why do you wanna see that? Also, when I say what my finished product was...meaning how it came out, it's not what I personally think, it's the criticism the chef gave me...so don't think i'm being hard on myself...cause i'm eating it all :) So, mine were over cooked which was the chefs fault because i put mine in the oven first and as basic students we dont have control over the ovens and we all took them out at the same time. So they were a little dark. Also they were on the large side. But i said i was american :) We like our food large! Then we practiced pipping forever! I needed it though. I got better as i practiced. He said again mine was too large, but not bad. Listen, I'm not expecting to be better than everyone else in pastry, i just really want to learn and get better at what I love to do (and to get on the chef's good side!- so far I'm doing well at that!) Then i came home, dropped off my stuff) went to the pharmecie and boulangerie for a baguette. Then came home to eat some of my roomies guiney fowl...pretty good but rich! Then I read and complained cause i had no internet...what's new :)

No comments: