Friday, March 7, 2008

oh what a night!

It started out to be a great night! Then things kinda just tumbled down. Nothing horrible. But I did manage to take a few pictures!


These are three cakes that i got to cut. The fruit cake (or cake anglais as they call it) i didn't do anything with it. The marble cake I got to make a few days ago from scratch. The lemon cake (cake citron) I got to make the icing tonite and put it on and then eventually burnt myself which started my bad night :)

These are the financiers that i pipe almost EVERY night. That isn't even half of them. I pipe about 6 trays. Like I said...my piping has gotten better and i don't mind doing this!


This is a dessert for the banquet room which is one of the desserts that won Chef Michalak his Coupe de Monde Championship in 2005. I asked what it was and we lost track of time so they forgot to tell me. But i will find out. But isn't it amazing!?

Anyway...I got to use the spray gun as well...which isn't as much fun as I thought. I guess it's just the sticky stuff that makes it annoying. But it's going to be my job every night...so I have to get used to it. The only bad part about of my night (besides my huge burn) was that I chopped chocolate for almost 2 hrs (and that wasn't bad at all...i didn't mind it!) it was that I got into a fight with someone about it. Yes...an actual FIGHT! Him yelling in french and me in English. Luckily there were no major chefs there. So...I apologized and then went home at 12. I'm over it...but he didn't seem to be when i left. Oh well. It was overall a VERY fun night at work. I really like working the night shift (although chef M isn't around as much! hehe). Anyway...off to start my day! Toodles

No comments: