Thursday, March 6, 2008

Meeting Michalak :)

Well the big day came! I was a MESS the day before. Even Asima kept asking me what was wrong. We couldn't figure out til the end of the day and we realized i was just nervous for the next day :) I managed to get some sleep though! However during the day I primped forever!


I also had a coffee before work because I got there so early. Ok...so this is how it went. I dressed up and went to work a little early because i had to give my other chef, Jean Marie, some papers. Which is true. I did have to give him stuff, but I could have given it to him during work, but this was a good excuse to look hot and give it to him early. So since i couldn't walk in the kitchen i walked by and asked for him. Well he wasn't there. Then I asked Gabrielle, the American, if my love was there. She said yes. I said I can't wait to meet him. She was like "get your butt into work then" I told her i wanted to meet him like I was (meaning in normal clothes) but I could see he was in his office doing work (ie; putzing on the computer!!!) So I changed and still looking good went into work and said hi to everyone. Last stop, Chef's office. I said Bonjour Chef and he replied. I told him my name and I went to the French Pastry School and I emailed him. He remembered and asked where i was from and then he said he spoke English. The rest of the convo was in English. He told me to eat everything and soak up as much knowledge as I can. I then proceeded to speak his ear off because I was nervous. I quickly stopped myself. Then 3 T.V. channels came during the day, but i managed to see him often. The only other time he spoke to me was 1) when the cameras were near me he told me to quier down a bit (i was pouring choc into a bowl) and 2) when he said goodbye and see you tomorrow. One of the other head chefs knew I was in love with him so every time he saw me looking at him he laughed at me. We started snickering and then Chef M would look at him and ask what was going on. Then once I was joking with another worker who purposely tripped me and Chef M saw and i just gave a little smirk. All day I was smiley and everyone was so confused. I just told them I was in love ;) So one of the chefs said he was going to try and help me. Don't think it's gonna happen though. BUT...it's nice to have high hopes!!! And it's nice that I just get to look at him all day. It makes the day go quicker. As for working the night shift...i like it. It went by quickly. I think it's going to be different stuff every night. Last night I did a LOT of weighing for someone who is prepping for a competition. Other than that....I'm a lot less nervous, but I still wanna look perfect because that's the first thing they see when you get to like someone and as of now it's the only way I can catch his attention! Stay tuned for updates!

1 comment:

Chez Asima said...

You look FABULOUS darling!

;-)