Tuesday, February 5, 2008

unemployment...

is NOT fun :( However...since i still can't hear...it's prolly a good thing for me that I'm not employed. And yes...I've called the dr. I am waiting for him to call me back. And i've also looked online and it said that for an inner earache, this is normal for my hearing not to be back til atleast a week if not more. And it hasn't been a week! So shush :)

Anyway...I've been doing a lot of napping, and shopping (splurged on a great pair of boots!), and laundry and then I cooked twice. I made my first chili! It was a hit! Who knew?!?! And then because I had so many extra beans I made red bean and jalepeno burgers...they were fantastick! I think coming to france was the best thing I could have done...cause now I can cook and i LOVE IT!

Oh...but major thing happened. Our drain stopped working. So sunday I went out to lunch while Asima stayed home. And the night before I decided to be "penny the plumber" (which Asima finds very funny) and i unscrewed the drain and tried to clean it. Well that was stupid cause all the water came leaking out...so i rescrewed it together. Anyway, Sunday when I was out Asima ran the dishwasher and I guess something is wrong now and it flooded the ENTIRE kitchen. So i had to rush home. However that was Sunday and we are now waiting for Madame to show up today to call a plumber which prolly won't come til the end of the week or so. BUT the catch is...water isn't even going down the drain! So we don't wash many dishes and we throw them in the dishwasher which we can't even run. So it's kinda annoying!!!

As far as a job...I'm still waiting. However I am hoping I should find out by the end of the week. Supposedly my resume has been passed on the HOT head chef and he is deciding if he wants me to do my internship there or not! CRAZY! But we'll see ;)

Other than that, I've been trying to work on my thesis...but I'm pretty bad at it. SO i give up quickly. But i guess I should go work on that now....mmm?!?

I'm playing tourist tomorrow so i'll prolly put up a blog with pictures...so check back! toodles for now :)

No comments: