Friday, February 8, 2008

oh great...

So my wonderful jean day yesterday had a HUGE unterruption. I looked adorable. As you can see in the pictures ;) (with my cool new boots...and i got tons of compliments on them! Guess they were worth the price!)


Anyway...but i had to go to the dr. Well he gave me more amoxicilline and then prednisone. I knew I heard of it before but I didn't remember. So my mom called and i told her what the deal was. She is like "you are gonna HATE taking that" I was like why? She said...i took it in HS when I had hives to reduce inflammation and it's a pill that makes you GAIN WEIGHT! I was like GREAT!!!! after all this achievement. ARGH! in anycase...i'm only taking them for 5 days and it's only a low dose...so i'll just be very careful on what i eat!

After that I came home and Asima and I went out to run an errand and then I went to LCB again for a visiting chef from the 2 star (3 star for 31 or 32-cant remember- years...lost one recently) restaurant called Taillevent.



The pastry was Arnaud Vodounou and then his asst was Andrea. They made two desserts.

Craquant aux feves de tonka (crunchy shortbread with tonka bean cream)

Fantasie de fruits exotiques (tropical fruit fantasie)

Then I came home for about two seconds and I met up with Maria from Portugal (my very good friend from the HEG program!) and we ate a restaurant in paris that specializes in fruit dishes called Paradis de fruit. It was ok. I had a crab salad. Then after that we quickly grabbed some starbucks and then I went out with Fernando and then introduced him to teddy! I KNEW that was a matchmade in heaven!!! I'm so good ;) Then fernando and I went back to his place to chat and before i knew it, it was 3ish so I walked home. I went to bed around 3:45! CRAZY day for me!!! But atleast I wasn't bored out of my mind!

In other news (so i don't have to write a new blog!) I watched the movie Across the Universe (the beatles one) on my computer...but for some reason the last 9 minutes didn't work! ARGH! So whatever...i'll find a way to watch it. But then a few nights ago Asima and I watched Sicko (FINALLY!!) and 1) the SOS medecin that came to my house last friday was IN the movie...hilarious and 2) I'm moving to canada or cuba :) JK! But seriously...i guess i don't realize how bad it really is! CRAZY!!!

Other news...that's it. I need to be working on my thesis...and i'm NOT!!! But i sure am enjoying living the life in Paris...

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Whoa Penny! What a trial you've been through lately....I'm sick myself at the moment with some kind of sinus headache/congested nose nastyness. AND I'm in a show right now....I've had it for like a week...yech.

I'm glad that you are feeling better- And your boot are delish!(!)