Saturday, February 16, 2008

just keep swimming...

So i am. Too much going on since i last posted. So my greece trip has changed dates. Not too much. But instead of April 3-11 I am going April 10-18 which means after my stage I have from March 25 to April 10 to pack all my stuff and send it home. Then when I return i have about 4 days to finish packing and leave! Then I finally got the approval from Birthright to go on a trip...so I am planning that for late june or july! However I won't hear officially til march. But like i said...just keep swimming!

I had my interview yesterday with Plaza Athenee. I am in love with Christophe Michalak. If he asked me to move to Paris to be with him...i would! hahaah. He is beautiful but most of all...talented as hell when it comes to Pastries!!! I admire him so much. I didn't get to formally meet him yesterday, but he came out of his office yesterday and did a double take when he saw me :) Good sign, right? But i am SOOOOO excited to start working there...even if it is only for a month. I am going to make the most of my month!

As far as cooking goes at home...I made the most wonderful Salmon dish this past week. It was a thai salmon with vegetables. I found the recipe on epicurious and I've been eating leftovers all week! It was outstanding and it's now in my book for good! I will be making that at home a LOT!! Also, on valentine's day me and Asima threw a mini dinner party with 4 other people, 6 in total. I made a rumpsteak and mashed sweet potatoes and asima made spinach and some amazing appetizer that i don't know the name of plus some other starter things. There was also bread and wine and everyone enjoyed it very much! We had fun! It was a love filled evening :) Asima also made a GREAT lamb dish this week. I don't know how she does it...but she kinda throws things together that taste good. I'm still in the "using a recipe" phase! But either way...we make a good team.

So today will be my 6th day jogging straight. I'm still at it...even though the temperature dropped. But it feels good and it's getting easier. I also fit into another pair of pants which is a good sign! And i went to visit Gerard Mulot (my old job) and they told me i lost weight and looked great. So i think i'll keep up the jogging! Plus I got some pictures sent to me from my HEG program in Nov and WOW have i lost weight. I might post them because it's crazy to see how long ago that way now!

Oh yah...the sales end today...but I bought ANOTHER pair of boots a few days ago when Asima and I went shopping! NO MORE THOUGH! hahaha. These ones were too cute though. Aren't they all! haha.

Anyway...i'm off to go jogging! Then tonite I think is movie night ;) Hope everyone in the states is ANXIOUSLY awaiting my arrival home! I know i'm preparing myself already...

No comments: