Thursday, January 31, 2008

What a mess!

I'm talking about me! Work today was kind of amusing because everything that could have gone wrong did! But i laughed at it. So i will go through the day and tell you. I am just going to list them because I don't necessarily remember them in order...i just remember them all!

1) I forgot to make the baby brioche which I do EVERYDAY!!!

2) I dropped a tray when Chef Mulot was there and I didn't realise it and when I looked up I saw him and I go "ca va" (meaning all is well) and he goes "ca va pas" (meaning no it's not) and then kept on going. So i just apologized. After he left, Birke looked at me and was just as confused as I was as to what the problem was. But we laughed it off.

3) I forgot to make the second round of Kugelhopf which I do everday as well!!!

4) Alex said to me "deux seau blanc" which I heard "deux cent blancs" (which if you say them outloud they sound a LOT alike!!) so I weighed out 200 grams of egg whites and brought them to him and he was so confused. Then he repeated it...and EVERYONE in the room...including me just laughed. It was hilarious!

5) Alex also told me to weigh 1 kilo of amande...which I thought since at the current time i was weighing almond powder that's what he meant. So i weighed it and gave it to who i was supposed to give it to. Well he asked me and i said yes. He asked if i put it in the oven and i said no why? Then we laughed again because he meant blanched almonds not almond powder!!! OY!

6) I don't know where to start counting the amount of things I spilled today :) But i DID clean them up like a good worker would.

And today's boring job was...chopping almonds in half. And they had to be precise. WHAT?!?! that's a HORRIBLE job! prolly the worst one yet! But I stayed late to finish it. It's fine.

Anyway...it was an odd day for me. It was like I was wide awake...but I was zoning out and forgetting everything! So strange!! Talk to you tomorrow :)

No comments: