Friday, February 29, 2008

ahhh....work

I am sooooo happy there aren't enough words to say how much i love my stage! I got really lucky. Anyway...there are a few things I wanted to mention. Small things...and VERY random. First has NOTHING to do with work...but it's pretty funny and sad! Last nite after work I went to the store to pick up some things and I dropped a 6 pack on my forehead. Luckily it was under the side of my bangs...so my big welt isn't seen. And sadly...it was a 6 pack of DC...not beer...so the story is kinda lame! But OUCH!

Anyway...work stuff! My piping (meaning, into a mold with control and speed) has gotten SO much better as well as my cutting (preciseness, speed, and correctness). The other thing that has improved in just a couple of days, believe it or not, is my french! I KNOW! I am trying to speak only french! It's unreal. And they love to speak English...so it's kind of a fun game! Oh...I got to work with chocolate yesterday! Most stagieres don't get to do that...so it was exciting for me! I was DIRTY...but had loads of fun! I also got to make a few new things today like different creams and batters meaning I picked up some recipes. Also, today there was a water/food fight amongst some of the boys. It was pretty hilarious! I managed to stay out of the way, but I couldn't help but laugh. The best part about it, was that the head chef (not michalak) was a part of it! Hahaha. He's so great! And his English is not very good...but he loves to try. Today he asked me if "Al Bundy" was from Chicago! HAHAHA. Today I also did 2 things wrong. First one was half my fault, half chefs. He likes to speak to me in English, like i said. So he told me something in french and then repeated it in English. Well i tried to get the french and then when he said the English that's all that stuck, but he missed a part. So i followed the English directions. And i did it wrong. The second time, no one (including chef) told me to put water in with the sugar and it wasn't written on the recipe. So i had to toss the sugar and start over. No big deal. It's unreal how much they throw out there! I'm like...i can take that home if you need me to ;) However...they won't let us! It's their money! Oh...And Chef Michalak is coming back Tues! YAH! But i don't go back to work til wed...so wed is my big day! I have to look PERFECT! I'm nervous already :) Other things...after work i usually come home, eat dinner, reply to some emails and then go to bed! I'm so exhausted by the end of the day! 10 hrs is a LOT...but i love it so it goes by quickly! I also have MANY MANY cuts and bruises already...but that's to be expected. However i think I'm accident prone. It's from stupid stuff like moving a box or even just cleaning. Nothing big...but it stings when i wash the dishes! Which by the way...washing the dishes is nothing here! I don't mind it at all because i get to use the BIG washing machine which is ONE button! SOOOO simple! Other than that, work is just great! i'm busy ALL day and the time flies. I have work tomorrow, sat, then my 3 day weekend and THEN i work afternoons! So i am sure i will learn all new stuff! HOW FUN!!!! So stay tuned. Plus I hope to have some more pictures...maybe with Chef Michalak?!?! Heehee. toodles

No comments: