Monday, January 21, 2008

Cabaret

Well last nite Manuel, his friend (and I've gone out with him a few times now) Chris and I went to see Cabaret the Musical...IN FRENCH! First off...it was at Folies Bergeres. That was the most exciting part! HOW COOL!?!??! I mean I've always heard about it, sang about it, and wanted to know more...but I actually got to go there! It was pretty neat! And then we saw the show. Let's see. Sally Bowles...BLONDE?!?! I mean what?!? That was the one thing that shocked me the most! I mean for those of you who know the show...come on! Sally is NEVER Blondie! But she was talented. GREAT voice and a great actress. However on the opposite spectrum...the actress who played Fraulein Schneider was HORRIBLE! At first i thought she just zoned out when she sang...but no. Her voice was bad and she just couldn't flow her acting into her singing. So every time she was onstage the show just dropped. The energy and everything. I didn't want to pay attention! Haha. The other actors were good though. They interacted with the audience and stuff and "lulu" (if you know the show-she is a lesbian) she talked to me and blew me kisses during the entire show. So i went along with it. Actually right after intermission...the Emcee pulled Chris onstage. He was so embarrassed...but it was funny. He faked grabbing Chris's ass! It was great! I was SO lucky I knew the show very well because like I said it was all in french...but it was SO cool to see it in french. Even the songs were in french! It was done really well and I really enjoyed it. MUCH better than West Side! Ha. The costumes, set, orchestra and choreography were all great! I give this production a thumbs up! AND...before i left my roommate took a mini photo shoot of me in my new dress (a "solde" purchase!)and necklace (that Manuel gave me). Enjoy!

No comments: