Thursday, December 13, 2007

Seriously...

Did that just happen!? So today was one of those days! Little things. Like 1) you know when you realize you are someones (excuse the expression) "bitch" because they call you by the wrong name. I see it in movies all of the time! But today...the girl who is incharge of me...called me Peggy...and you know...I think she does it often! So...then because the next job I was doing I kept thinking of that...i proceeded to gauge my finger with a knife! Good going Peggy :) 2) The inspector came today. Who knew! He asked me to take my earrings off. No one else seemed to mind...so I took them off for the day. Then the funny thing about it...was as i was working...a spider came and walked across my counter. I just started laughing and cleaned it up! Let's see...other things happened too...but the days are so long I can't remember everything! Anyway...I took more pictures!


As you can see...this is how I roll out the dough (part of the machine is in the picture) and then I have to cut it out using different mold depending on the side of the tart!



Then I lined these molds with the dough. If you can't see specific enough...i have to try and keep the flowered edges still in tact when I mold it...which is pretty hard!!! The last picture you can see the line of plaques that I have to do. But you can't tell that well!


I also have to do a few differnt types of square molds...which are very hard. The corners especially.


Here again I have to keep those edges...and this mold is harder to do it also!!


Then I have to do chocolate ones which aren't that hard.

Then, you know those tiny tarlet molds I clean...well this is what they look like when they are lined :)
At work I also got to do some new things. In the entrements section (where they decorate the cakes) i got to cut biscuit and then line the ring mold and then later I filled them with wild strawberries. Sounds boring...but it was a lot more fun than what I normally do! Here are some pictures step by step of the first part I did! (there was a whole procedure to it...but I won't bore you with it!) I think i lined maybe 50 of them ;) it was actually a lot of fun! hahaha.





After work I came home...did the usual. dinner and soon to bed ;) I got my new shoes in the mail today. Professional Birkenstocks...so hopefully my feet won't hurt anymore :( Btw- today was the coldest day so far in paris...about 39 degrees! and i had to walk to work at 5 am :( boo me! toodles

No comments: