Friday, December 14, 2007

Movin on up....

Yes that's right! Not very far though :) I wrote a letter (actually a friend who speaks french did- thanx!) to my chef and asked him if i could come in 30 min later! He agreed and said it was no problem at all! So my new schedule, which I don't mind at all, is 6:30 (so i can take the metro!!!) to 3:30 with an hr lunch break (which I take maybe 15 min of!) 5 days a week (wed I always have off...the other day floats) This upcoming week my other day off is tue! The other thing I asked him was to go to different areas of the pastry shop. He said that it's only possible if you've been working there for a year, 2 years etc...but the woman incharge of me (who was helping me translate) understood what I wanted to do...so she has decided that after lunch, she is going to let me go to other stations! So that's about 2 hrs a day where I get to explore! I am totally fine with that :) So i made progress and i feel great!

As far as todays pictures...
One of the things I do often is make apples. I think I mentioned this before. I peel them, remove the tops and bottoms, cut them in half, remove the insides, and then cut them in half again. From there I put them on a baking sheet and drizzle them with melted butter, sprinkle them withh sugar and vanilla sugar. Today I did 3 plaques. Here is what they look like when they are finished :)


Another thing I got to do was make breadcrumbs. I took a picture of this. I don't know why though. But enjoy.


I also got to peel grapfruits (in which i cut myself and did NOT take photos of this torture! haha). Then, like i said, I got to move to a different station! This was fun...but required a lot more of my attention and artistic ability! In the pictures you will see what I did. But here is my description. I cleaned the cream off the base, put them on the gold cardboard, put cream on the white choc and then put them on the logs, then had to draw a perfect line from the left upper corner to the bottom right corner in lime green choc, then i made a lime green leave in the center, added a red ball (which I mentioned i made a few blogs ago), then added a meringue mushroom and an orange peel...and voila! finished product! It sounds easy...but it wasn't. I got to put some gold leaf on stuff and bring them upstairs to the store as well! Pretty cool! Overall it was a fun day. People are starting to like me more because i am the coffee girl as well. Whoever provides the coffee...they like ;)


I came home and Asima (my new roomie-check out her blog posted on the right), came over for dessert tonite (from GM) and we chatted. I am getting ready for bed (and my extra 30 min of sleeping! Toodles!

No comments: