Wednesday, March 14, 2007

patisserie examen

Well, i think it went ok. The three that we got thrown at us were puff pastry which included apple turnovers and palmiers, the mocha genoise with coffee buttercream, and the dacquoise with the marzipan rose. I got the dacquoise...the one i wanted and the easiest one! All of us got that except Melissa...but she got the genoise which was the second easiest and she rocked it out on that! Anyway...I had to make that and line a tart ring. I didn't do the best on that, but I did it! The chefs were NEVER in the room unlike cuisine where they watched you like a hawk! So i was able to talk to my friends more and ask the assistant for help. Nothing big, but small things like what the chef used to help us in class. For instance, we usually don't pour in our boiling sugar to our egg yolks, so I asked the assistant to help and she did. But everything else I did by myself. I think i did ok. We shall see.


If you get a chance...I made roses twice before this...go check them out...you can see a MAJOR difference! I got SOOOO much better since the first time i did them ;) Also on my myspace now is a slide show of ALL of the food I have made since the beginning of school! enjoy!
The other exciting news of the day is that I finally got my carte de sejour! YAH! And the other other exciting news is that I went to this AMAZING chocolatier named Jean Paul Hevin and spent WAY too much on chocolates...BUT I tried his fromage chocolat. Which means it had cheese inside! Like strong cheese...roquefort and chevre and two other kinds! They were good! They had spices like cumin and thyme in them! Yummy! overall it was a great day! bye for now :)

No comments: