Monday, March 10, 2008

work update

Well I can finally upload my pictures...but it's only letting me do them one at a time! it's kind of annoying...but I wanted to put them up! They are also all over the place also- blogger must be having an issue but oh well! So here you go :)

I haven't actually made any of these, but worked on some parts of them. I more just took this picture to show you the beautiful stuff they make there!!

These are pot de creme. I made ALL of them from scratch. The parfumes are vanilla, earl grey tea, chocolate, coffee, and pistachio! YUMMY! They are all made primarily the same way, but i had to do all of the weighing first and then it was a long process after that to make them all!

This is my friend Gabrielle cleaning our area ;) She only staged for 2 weeks...but it was great having her around! she is from vermont and goes to the other famous school out her called Ferrandi. I was lucky because she spoke fluent french and english so it was helpful! But Gabrielle was also a great person! Glad to have met her!

This is my friend Philip. He is one of my FAVORITE people at work! He wants to learn english (he's actually pretty good) so we speak franglish all the time! i teach him new words every day! can you believe I'M the translator at work?!!? hahaha.


This is the GINORMOUS eclair they make and plate for The Relais restaurant.


These last two photos are their version of the vacherrin! I've actually cut the fruit for it a few times. Starting from the bottom and working up the dessert is: a mix of litchee, mango and pineapple brunoise, coconut meringue, a quenelle of litchee sorbet (hidden), exotic fruit foam with lime zest and a raspberry with a sugar decoration! I got to put it together and also put the sugar on the glass. I was fortunate enough on saturday night to help my friend Fabien plate desserts at the Relais! It was a BLAST! I love it so much. We plated mi-cuit, baba rhum, ice cream/sorbet, eclairs, vacherrin and some others! It was great!

Anyway...hope you enjoyed those! more on the way! Stay tuned for some recipes this week from cooking at home :)

No comments: