Friday, February 22, 2008

Always look on the bright side of life

Wow...what a great day. Great week. Great life. Ok...so I'm pretty positive! I went for a jog today (and the song that was playing when i first started was the title of my blog!)...day 12 (in a row- tomorrow is my day off) As I was jogging, I saw SOOO many dogs including a Dalmatian which just made my day! Then a little girl, who was just adorable, started to jog with me...which was even cuter! Then I came home and went to an appt with a new friend and we had a VERY uplifting and inspirational talk. I had one yesterday too with another new friend. I hate that i am meeting people finally and leaving soon! In any case, I'm getting a lot of positiveness. Then I walked around for a bit and picked up Asima's graduation gift! Can't say what it is in case she reads this...but she graduates March 19...so soon!!! Anyway...then I came home and on the metro home there was a woman playing the guitar who was singing VAN (thanx jon!) Morrison's "moondance". She was OBVIOUSLY not french. Something in my mind told me to give her a euro...so i did and i said to her, "you're not from France I'm assuming" and she replied to me "I'm English, but i live in France, like you once" And i thought to myself "like you once" and i just smiled. And i thought...wow...i live here. How magical!!! It was a great feeling and i knew it was the right decision to give her the euro. Then I came home...ate lunch, reconnected with an old friend from HS and whipped out a few more pages of my thesis!!! All things more positive! Then Asima made dinner for Tyler and I. She made a GREAT dish of whole wheat pasta with veal meatballs and homemade sauce and grilled eggplant! PLUS...for dessert was mango pannacotta with splenda! GREAT ending! So...overall it was a GREAT day!

I made two dishes this week that I wanted to post (also Asima asked me if I could post them). Since my AMAZING friend Kaitlin introduced me to this new feature (which I felt like a dummy because I didn't know how to do this) i am going to test it out. The two dishes I made were Chicken stuffed with zucchini, red pepper, and goat cheese in which I didn't follow through and make the sauce. I just cooked the chicken in the oven and actually used the rest of the filling and mixed it in with some whole wheat pasta and it made it kind of cheesy...which was delicious! I also made Smoked Haddock and Potato Pie. For this one I made a SMALL batch...and i mixed emmental and cheddar cheese. And the fromage frais was creme fraiche which I think back home is sour cream?!? Anyway...it was delicious! And because Kaitlin was so good to me...I will share her blog with you all...check it out!!!. I thoroughly enjoy it ever day.

Well...i must go to bed because I am going to disney tomorrow :) Check out the blog because I will be posting pictures! Toodles!!! (and stay positive! i'll try to also!)

2 comments:

Jonny said...

I could be wrong,but I think Moondance is a VAN Morrison song, not JIM Morrison. Easy mix up. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Anonymous said...

um...and creme fraiche isn't exactly sour cream. It is similar but more rich and a little less viscous...this info brought to you by your friendly neighborhood cheese monger!