Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lisbon, Portugal Day 1

What an amazing vacation! I am SOOOO glad I went. Starting on Friday April 4th, I left for the airport at 12 and as usual with me, my flight was delayed. So i got into town about an hr late. When I arrived I had to change shirts since I spilled on mine. But it was ok, because I put on a tank top and I was already wearing flip flops! It was GORGEOUS there! It was almost 80 degrees (compared to the 50 degrees in paris). Anyway, Maria was waiting for me in her convertible :) We first drove around Lisbon so she could show me the town. Then eventually we went home to Maria's apartment to drop off my stuff.










Then right off the bat we went to the mall. It's SO close to her house so we walked around. I didn't buy anything. We have the same things in Paris, but i still wanted to see. We did buy a few groceries. We then went back to her house and I cooked dinner for myself. Maria eats at 9 or 10 pm...but 1) i was still an hr later (b/c of Paris time) and 2) i had eaten lunch early so I was starving. So around 7ish I ate dinner. Then we waited for her daughter at 9:15 to arrive home. We all then proceeded to go to Las Docas (the docks) where Maria (the daughter) split off from us and Maria Laura (my friend) and I went out so she could eat. I had a diet coke and we caught up! It was so good seeing her! Around midnight I got sleepy. It was a beautiful night so we walked the docks a bit and then left shortly after. I got to bed around 12:30ish.

No comments: